Electronics & Communication Engineering
- About the Department
- News & Events
- Toppers List
- Student Achievements
- Contact Us
About the Department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2008 with the vision of developing the department as a centre of excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and to impart technical skills with meritorious knowledge to the student community.
- B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering (4 years)
- Electronics Lab
- Digital Communication and Electronics System Design Lab
- Digital Signal Processing and VLSI Lab
- Digital Electronics and Linear Integrated Circuits Lab
- Microprocessor, Microcontroller, Optical and Microwave Lab
- Embedded Lab
- Network Lab
To provide exposure to the students with hands on experience on various basic engineering practices in Electronics components and devices.
- CROs (20 MHz) ,(30 MHz),(60 MHz) (1 MHz)
- Function Generators, AFO
- Single & Dual Power Supplies (0-30) V
- Fixed power supply (0-100)V,(0-50)V
- IC tester ,Component tester
- Analog and Digital Multimeters, LCR Meters.
Ammeters (0-1 mA, 0-10 mA, 0-30 mA, 0-50 mA, 0-100 mA, 0-250 mA, 0-500 mA, 0-50 µA, 0-100 µA, 0-250 µA, 0-500 µA)
Voltmeters (0-1 V, 0-15 V, 0-30 V, 0-50 V, 0-100 V, 0-150 V, 0-300 V)
Decade Resistance boxes, Decade Inductance Boxes, Decade Capacitance Boxes
- Trainer Kits (for RC amplifier, Tuned amplifier, Complementary Symmetry Amplifier, Class, push pull amplifier, Hartley Oscillator, Wein Bridge Oscillator, RC phase shift oscillator
- System Design Kits for SMPS, AC / DC Voltage Regulator Using SCR, Instrumentation Amplifier, High Current Power Supply Kit, PLC Trainer Kit, Process Control Kit & Process Control Timer, AM / FM Transmitter, Wireless Data Modem
To study the Characteristics of AM ,FM receiver’s selectivity & sensitivity and other modulations.
To design the power supply, load and line regulation and microcontroller programming.
- Antenna trainer kits That consists of Half wave Dipole antenna,Yagi Antenna and Loop Antenna
- Analog and Digital Communication Trainer kit
- Analog and Digital communication trainer kitwith line coding and decoding facility
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscope
- With adequate number of bread boards consumables and other measuring instruments
- Buck boost converter kit
- Fly back converter kit
- Process control trainer kit
- Wireless Data Modem
- Microcontroller kit with application module
- TMS 320 DSP kit with application module
The detailed study of the Digital signal processing concept based experiments can be performed. This lab has more than 30 numbers of Pentium IV 512 MB personnel computer along with required soft ware like MATLAB 7.1 version and also study of TMS320C50 processor.
- Personal Computers (Pentium - IV @ 1.3 GHz, 512MB RAM, 20GB HDD, 52X CDROM, MS-PS2 Mouse, 15" colour monitor)
- DSP Trainer Kits based on TMS 320 5X, Laser Printer, Dot matrix Printers, and CD Writer
- MATLAB 7.1 with Tool boxes for Simulink, Power system, Optimization tool, Communication Block & tool, DSP block set, Image Processing, Signal Processing, Statistic tool, Wavelet tool, Control system, Filter Design, System Identification, Fuzzy Logic & Neural Network
- Software Details - Mat Lab 7.1, XILINX 9.1i, ORCAD PSPICE,KEIL , XP Professional Edition
All analog and digital I.C related experiments can be carried out. The testers for IC are available.
All digital I.C related experiments can be carried out using trainer kits as well as software like VHDL. The testers for IC are available.
- Regulated Power Supplies
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscope(30 MHz)
- Digital IC Trainer 11( 16 BIT )
- Digital Multimeters
- Integrated Chips
- Function Generators
- Analog & Digital IC Trainer
- Single & Dual Power Supplies, Linear IC Power Supplies
- IC Testers
- LCR Meters, Multimeters, Ammeters, Voltmeters
- Decade Resistance boxes, Decade Inductance Boxes, Decade Capacitance Boxes
- Frequency Counters
This lab has various types of microprocessor & micro controller trainer kits along with interfacing modules to demonstrate the detailed applications of microprocessors.
- Intel 8085 based Trainer kits, Intel 8086 based Trainer kits, Intel 8051 based Trainer kits, Intel 8031 based Trainer kits
- Interface Boards such as ADC, DAC, Traffic Light Control, Stepper motor Interface, Keyboard Interface, Display Interface, Logic Control Interface
- PCI Digital Input / Output Timer Card for PCs
- PC based Universal Speed Control
- LVDT Measurement Trainer
- PIC Microcontroller Trainer (16F877)
In this optical and microwave lab characteristics of optical trainer kits ,power meter and source, klystron power supplies, Gunn power supplies and microwave wave guides like directional couplers etc.. can be studied.
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Digital Storage Oscilloscope
- CROs (100 MHz; 60 MHz; 30 MHz; & 20 MHz)
- Function Generators
- RF Generators; AM / FM Generators
- Microwave X-Band Test Benches
- All Microwave Active Source like KLYSTRON and GUNN Devices
- All Microwave Passive Components like Directional Coupler, TEES, Frequency Meters and Isolators.
- Instrumentation Trainer Kits
- Antenna Trainer Kit
- RF Communication Trainer Modules
- Communication Trainer Kits
Mr.K.Rajasekaran and Mr.T.Jayasankar, "A Deep and wire analysis for Speech-Emotion Recognition using multilayer perception", International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology (IJISET), Vol.1.Issue 9, November 2014.
Mr.K.Rajasekaran and Mr.T.Jayasankar, "Tamil words speech synthesis in cochlear implement using Acoustic model", Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences(AENSI Journals), July-2014,Pages(349-356).
Mr.K.VinothKumar and Dr.A.Rajaram, "Efficient Multipath Location Aware Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks" Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology (JATIT) vol1 issue 1 2014.(Annexture -II)IF-0.806.
Mr.J.Wilson, Mrs.J.Nancy and Mr.K.Vinoth Kumar, "Panoramic Dental X-Ray Image Compression using Wavelet Filters", has been accepted for publication in International Journal of Computer Science and Issues (IJCSI) Volume 10, Issue 6, November 2013.(IF–0.2).
Mr.K.Rajasekaran, Mrs.J.Jayalakshmi and Mr.T.Jayasankar - Design and Analysis of Stepped Impedance Microstrip Low Pass Filter Using ADS Simulation Tool for Wireless Applications - published at: "International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP), Volume 3, Issue 8, August 2013 Edition".
Mr.K.VinothKumar and Dr.A.Rajaram, "An Efficient Security Aware Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks." International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS) vol12, 2013 accepted for publication.
Mr.V.Mukundan, Dr.A.Rajaram and Mr.S.Gopinath, "Securing Mobile Ad Hoc Network using Double Hash Authentication technique" International Journal of Advanced Information Science and Technology (IJAIST) ISSN: 2319:2682 Vol.11, No.11, March 2013.
Mr.P.Rajakaliappan, "PDE based level set evolution for classification of images in real time applications" in Second International Conference on "Futuristic Trends In Electronics Engineer" conducted by Thiruvalluvar College Of Engineering And Technology in association with International Society Of Association(ISA), 2013.
Mr.K.Vinothkumar, "A Secure Privacy-Preserving Routing Protocol in Location based MANET", International Research Conference on Information Technology and Computer Science (IRCITCS-2013), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Organized by Asia-Pacific Education & Research Association Taipei, Taiwan - Accepted for publication.
Mr.K.Vinothkumar, "Anonymous Privacy Preserving Routing Protocol in Highly Dynamic Ad-Hoc Networks", 4th IEEE International Conference on Computing Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT-2013).
Mrs.P.Geetha, "Implementation of ECC using multipliers", ICFTEE – 2013 at Thiruvalluvar College of Engineering and Technology, Vandavasi.
Mr.P.Rajakaliappan, "Image segmentation using Partial Differential Equation" in national conference on "Innovative Business Practices In Technological Era" organized by Hindustan Institute of Technology , 2013
Mr.P.Rajakaliappan, "Segmentation of Image using Gabor filter" in national conference on "Innovations In Electronics And Communication Engineering" In Roever Engineering College, 2013.
Mr.M.R.N.Saravanan, "Energy Efficient Routing for Wireless Industrial Sensor Networks", National Conference on Innovative Computing Technologies (NCICT-2013), Chevalier T Thomas Elizabeth College for Women, Chennai.
Mr.M.R.N.Saravanan, National Level Conference on "Implementation of Energy Aware Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks" ,NCRTET-2013, K.Ramakrishnan College of Tech., Trichy.
Mr.K.Vinoth Kumar "Energy Efficient Shortest Path Routing scheme for Wireless Industrial Sensor networks", National Conference on Recent trends in Electronics and instrumentation (NCRTEI- 2013).
Mr.K.Vinoth Kumar "Balancing the Data Availability and Query Delay in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks", National Conference on Computer and Communication applications(NCCCA- 2013).
Mrs.P.L.Karthika, "Performance Implement of IEEE 802.15.4/Zigbee Wireless sensor Networks with path constrained Mobile sink(s)", NCSCV-2012, Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore.
News & Events
One day workshop on “Applications of Digital Signal Processing and MATLAB for Beginners” organized by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was held on 25th Feb 2016. Prof.T.Yuvaraja, from Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering of Kongunadu College of Engineering and Technology, Trichy acted as Resource person and clarified about Image, Speech Processing with real time example, animated videos and Hands-on experience in MATLAB. The students of Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering participated in the workshop. Prof.K.Raja, The Dean, Presided over the function and Mrs. P.Geetha, HOD/ECE, felicitated. Various HOD of the Institution and Staff members of Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering were present there and gracious the occasion.
Training cum Project Program on "Embedded System Design" is being conducted by Mr. Vijayakumar, Manager, Interlogicx Embedded Solutions, Pondicherry, for Final Year ECE Students from 29.01.2014 to 08.02.2014.
Mr.B.Vinothkumar, Asst.Prof., has attended two days workshop on "Cloud Computing" at Einstein College of Engineering, Tirunelveli on 20-21 Dec 2013.
Mr.K.Rajasekaran and Mr.K.Vinoth Kumar, Asst. Prof., has participated a TEQIP II sponsored Faculty Development Program on "Nascent Technologies in Signal Processing." at Anna University of Technology, Trichy on 11-17 Dec 2013.
Mr.K.Vinothkumar, Asst.Prof., has attended TEQIP Sponsored two days workshop on "R&D Proposals to National and International Funding for Researchers – Approach & Preparation" at NIT, Trichy on 16-17 Aug 2013.
Mr.K.Rajasekaran, Asst.Prof., has attended a TEQIP sponsored FDP on "A Compendium in High Speed & Mobile Networks" at Anna University of Technology, Trichy on 5-11 Aug 2013.
Mr.K.Vinothkumar, Asst.Prof., has attended a INSA Sponsored one day workshop on "Research issues in Nano technology Architecture Design and Nano Computation" at Kongu Engineering College, Erode on 13 Jul 2013.
Mr.K.Vinothkumar, Asst.Prof., has Technical Writing for Research Scholar in Engineering and sciences at NIT, Trichy on 25-26 May 2013.
Mr.J.Wilson, Asst.Prof., has attended ISRO and DRDO sponsored three days workshop on "Futuristic Mission Of Aerospace Research For Developing India" at Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur on 21-23 Jan 2013.
R.Swathi Rekha, III year ECE student, presented a talk on “Evaluation of Universe” in ICTACT Youth talk Presentation held at Saranathan College of Engineering, Trichy on 7th August 2014.
C.Mahalakshmi and V.Kiruthika, III year ECE students, presented a paper entitled “Lung Pissue Classification Using Feature Based Image Patch Approximation” in ICTACT Youth Presentation held at Saranathan College of Engineering, Trichy on 4th August 2014.
V.Kiruthika and R.Swathi Rekha, III year ECE students, presented a paper entitled “Identification of Hysterical Characters of stone Scripts using Image processing” held at Dr.Mahalingam College Of Engineering And Technology,Pollachi on 17th March 2014.
C.Mahalakshmi and F.Kulandai Theresammal, III year ECE students, presented a paper entitled “Identification of Hysterical Characters of stone Scripts using Image processing” held at Indra Ganesan College of Engineering, Trichy on 14th March 2014.
K.K.Manikandam, IV Year ECE Student, presented a paper entitled " Improve the performance of Data Accessibility and Reduce delay using DACA" in the International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology (ICRTET-2014) held at Mount Zion College of Engineering & Technology on 14th March 2014.
M.V.Govindaraman, IV Year ECE Student, presented a paper entitled " Reputation based Misbehavior Detection in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks "In the International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology (ICRTET-2014) held at Mount Zion College of Engineering & Technology on 14th March 2014.
S.Joe Infant,R.Joelprasanth, A.Komaan Mohamed, A.Mohanraj & V.Ragupathi, IV Year B.E. ECE students, has attended Robotryst 2014 - Robotics competition held at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi from 26.02.2014 to 01.03.2014
K.Vinothkumar, AP/ECE has participated one day seminar on "Design and verification of VLSI design using EDA tools" held at N.S.N. College of Engineering & Technology, Karur on 06-03-2014.
M.Mohammed Shafiq & M.Mohammed Azarudeen of Final Year ECE, has participated one day seminar on "Design and verification of VLSI design using EDA tools" held at N.S.N. College of Engineering & Technology, Karur on 06-03-2014.
K.Vinoth Kumar, AP/ECE, has attended TEQIP II Sponsored One day Seminar on "Research Paper Writing And Research Proposal" on 14-02-2014 at Anna University, BIT Campus, Trichirappalli.
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
M.A.R College of Engineering and Technology
Trichy-Viralimalai Main Road, Boothakudi
Illuppur(TK), Pudukkottai(Dt), Pin - 621 316
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org